Bio Bags Lawn & Leaf bags are a full 33 gallon capacity. These Lawn & Leaf bags are durable and sturdy enough to handle the toughest yard jobs. They even come with a removable tear-strip at the top of each bag for easy tying.
Many communities have banned the use of regular plastic bags for yard waste removal, because polyethylene-based plastic bags can not be composted with the yard waste or burned. Until now the alternative has been paper bags. Studies show paper bags are difficult for consumers to use and store, have a limited fill capacity (usually 28 gallons), and do not hold up well in wet weather. Usage testing confirms that consumers significantly prefer Bio Bags Lawn & Leaf bags to paper bags for the collection of yard waste.
Consumers like that fact that Bio Bags give, allowing more waste to be collected per bag. They also prefer bags made from corn to either bags made from trees or petroleum. Bio Bags Lawn & Leaf bags can be set at curbside for up to 12 days before the collected waste will begin to break the bag down. We strongly recommend that wet grass clippings be left on the lawn, where the clippings will quickly biodegrade and add nutrient value to your lawn. Placing wet grass clippings in either a paper bag or a Bio Bags can stimulate bag decomposition within three or four days.
Made from cornstarch, these bags help to eliminate regular plastic bags from our environment. When disposed, Bio Bags will biodegrade as naturally as food scraps, leaving no harmful residue. No Polyethylene is used in the production of this product. Bio Bags bags are GMO (Genetically Modified Organism) free, certified for use in organic agriculture.
Overview and detail:
1). 100% biodegradable and compostable
2). No polyethylene is used in the production process.
3). Naturally, bags made from corn instead of polyethylene is a major advance in environmental technology.
4). Only GMO free certified corn is used.
5). Soy-based inks and dyes are CEN certified for restricted use of heavy metals.
6). DEBIO certified for use in organic agriculture.
7). Certified by the Biodegradable Products Institute to meet the ASTM D6400 specification. Meets California SB 1749 requirements.
8). Shelf stable, just like paper plates or paper towels. There are no chemical additives to enhance decomposition. The bags biodegrade naturally when expose to the earth’s elements and micro-organisms in the soil.
9). They “breathe”, which allows heat and moisture to escape or evaporate. This feature reduces bacterial build-up of collected waste, thus reducing odor.
10). Will decompose in a controlled composting environment in 10-45 days, leaving no harmful residues behind.
BioBag is the world’s largest brand of 100% biodegradable and certified compostable bags and films made from the material, Mater-Bi. All of our products contain GMO free starch, biodegradable polymer and other renewable resources. No polyethylene is used in the production process. BioBag products meet ASTM D6400 specifications and California Law requirements. We will never compromise our earth or our standards
* BioBag products are certified by the Biodegradable Products Institute to meet the ASTM D6400 specification. The BPI logo is shown at the bottom of this page. Always look for the logo to assure the products you buy are truly biodegradable and compostable.
* BioBag products meet the California law, SB 1749 and 1979, for biodegradable and compostable product claims.
* BioBags are certified GMO Free. Furthermore, we only source corn from countries that do not allow GMO testing.
* No polyethylene is used in the production of BioBags.
* BioBags are DEN certified for restricted use of metals in our soy-based inks and dyes.
* There are no chemical additives to enhance decomposition. The bags biodegrade naturally when expose to the earth’s elements and micro-organisms in the soil.
* BioBags “breathe”, which allows heat and moisture to escape or evaporate. This feature reduces bacterial build-up of collected waste, thus reducing odor.
* BioBags will decompose in a controlled composting environment in 10-45 days, leaving no harmful residues behind.
* BioBags will decompose in a natural setting at an extended rate comparable to other naturally biodegradable materials, such as paper, leaves and food waste.
* BioBags will biodegrade in both fresh and salt water. Australian studies suggest decomposition occurs between 8-14 months. We do not support placing any material in our oceans, lakes or waterways.